Student Senate – Eveleth Campus
Purpose of student senate:
- Act as the voice of the student body in matters affecting individual students, student organizations, as well as campus issues, state and national issues and/or legislative actions concerning the ECSS community.
- Coordinate student activities and events and provide for proper supervision.
- Initiate consideration of student issues and communicate action or recommendations to the designated school authorities.
- Consider all matters referred to the ECSS by the designated school authorities.
- Appoint such student committees as it feels necessary for the Senate to fulfill its responsibilities.
- Establish qualifications and proper conduct for members of the Senate.
- Make allocations of the Senate Funds.
Who makes up student senate:
- The Senate shall consist of the President and Vice President who are elected from the student body.
- A Cabinet who is elected from the student body, and..
- Senators who are volunteers from their respective programs.
Who is eligible for senate:
Any student who is enrolled for at least 6 credits and maintains a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 is eligible to be an active member of the organization.
Members must also meet the following qualifications:
- Members must be students registered for at least 6 credits.
- Members must be able to devote the time necessary to assist the Senate in fulfilling its responsibilities.
- Members must accept Robert’s Rules of Parliamentary Procedure.
Each Program is entitled to 2 representatives.
- If a program has more than one department, it is entitled to a representative for each department.
- All departments with two-year operating programs are entitled to additional members.
- There should be one alternate from each program.
How often does student senate meet: Every two weeks
Who is your Advisor: Kevin Langdon - (218) 744-7471
What should a student do if they are interested in joining: Contact Kevin Langdon – Student Senate Advisor (218) 744-7471 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Eveleth Student Senate Members:
President: Alexxandra Burke
Vice President: Nick Thorsen
Secretary: Paul Benford
Treasurer: Nicole Carlson
Director of Student Life Activties: Renardo Straughter