Postsecondary Enrollment Options Program
The postsecondary enrollment options program allows high school juniors and seniors to take courses full or part-time at a liberal arts community or technical college, a university, non-profit degree granting trade school, or an accredited opportunities industrialization center in Minnesota for high school credit. The program provides students with a greater variety of class offerings and the opportunity to pursue more challenging coursework. The tuition, fees and required textbooks are at no cost to students.
Any public, nonpublic, home school or American Indian-controlled tribal contract or grant student classified as an 11th or 12th grader and accepted by a postsecondary institution may enroll either full or part-time in nonsectarian courses or programs at an eligible postsecondary institution. Students participating in cultural exchange programs are not eligible.
PSEO – New Student Admissions Checklist
- Mesabi Range College Application for Admissions
- PSEO Notice of Student Registration (this form must be completed EACH semester you take classes)
- Guidance Counselor or Home School Parent Form
- Consent for Release of Information Form (submit with application)
- High school transcripts (request your high school to send your official transcript directly to Mesabi Range College). Students planning to attend during their junior year must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Students planning to attend during their senior year must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- College or technical school transcripts (if applicable). Have your official transcripts sent directly to Mesabi Range College.
Your admissions file is not complete until the items listed above have been sent to the Enrollment Services Office at Mesabi Range Community & Technical College, 1001 Chestnut Street West, Virginia Minnesota 55792-3448. If you have questions call Enrollment Services at 218-741-3095 or 1-800-657-3860.
PSEO – Returning Student Information
If you are currently attending Mesabi Range College as a PSEO student and plan to continue as a PSEO student the next semester, you must make an appointment with your PSEO advisor. In order to register, you must bring the completed and signed required forms. More information and the required forms regarding registration will be mailed to you before registration begins.
For more information contact Jennifer Willard at email@example.com or 218-749-0329 or visit the Minnesota Department of Education Post Secondary Enrollment Options website.