Click here to See what courses are offered online!
New Resources for Students:
Online courses at Mesabi Range College
All online courses are designed to start on the first class day of the semester. Students are expected to log on to their online course as soon as the semester begins.
The Online Classroom link can be found on the lower left hand side of our homepage or under "Quick Links" or go to https://mr.ims.mnscu.edu/. To log on to your online course you will need to have a D2L ID and a password.
D2L Username: Your D2L ID is your MRCTC student ID. You must use all eight digits.
D2L Password: Your D2L password is set as your birth date starting with your year (yymmdd) Ex. Birth date Oct. 16, 1961 = 611016. If this does not work please try the last six digits of your social security number.
You can change your D2L password by clicking on the Password Settings link on your D2L page. Call or email Technical Support if you have a problem logging in.
Technical Support - Do not hesitate to call or email with questions!
Technical support is available at email@example.com or by calling 218-780-4829.
Contact an MRCTC online advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft Office: If you do not have Microsoft Office on your computer, you can download a viewer to view Office documents. Microsoft Office Viewers
- Microsoft Ultimate Steal Promotion is back...Students can purchase Office 2010 at a discount. http://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-us/default.aspx
Mesabi Range Student Email
(Campus Email: All official college communication will be through Mesabi Range email.) https://www.google.com/a/students.mr.mnscu.edu
- Username: firstname.lastname followed by the last 3 digits of your tech id. An example would be john.smith101
- Password: Your birthdate in the following format: YYYYMMDD. An example would be if your birthday is May 06, 1980 you would enter 19800506 as your password
- What is my student email address: firstname.lastname(last three digits of your techid)@students.mr.mnscu.edu (email@example.com)
- If you are unable to log in, please contact 218-780-4829!
Contacting your instructor
It is the responsibility of each student to contact their online instructor if any questions arise concerning course content/formatting. Contact your instructor immediately if you are experiencing any technical difficulties. If these problems are not addressed when they happen you may fall behind with the required coursework and be unsuccessful in completing the course.
· Contact instructor immediately after registering for class
· Log into your course(s) during the first week of the semester
· Keep up with assignments
· Contact instructor/technical support/academic advising when problems/questions arise
· Give yourself adequate time to complete required work for online courses
· Respond with appropriateness to instructor and fellow students
Registering for Online Classes
After completing the assessment a student may register. Please contact Student Services at 800-657-3860 / 218-749-7750 for registration dates. Upon completion of registration, the student needs to e-mail the online instructor (see class list for e-mail addresses). This should be done immediately after registration is completed.
Ordering Course Materials
Each online course contains information on required textbooks and materials. Textbooks and other required course materials may be purchased from the Mesabi Range College Bookstore. Other bookstores may also carry the required texts and materials.
Regular bookstore hours are 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. During the first week of each semester the bookstore will have extended hours from 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Contact the bookstore at 218-749-7733 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information regarding services for students will be made available on this web page throughout the semester. If online learners have any concerns regarding student services they are asked to e-mail the online advisor at email@example.com. MRCTC is interested in serving your needs as a Distance Learner. If you have a documented disability or believe you will need additional learning services, please contact Toby Anderson at 800-657-3860. MRCTC looks forward to serving your needs as a Distance Learner either through approved accommodations or Learning Center services.
Try out an online course:
Interested in trying an online mini-course. You can give either or both of these demo courses a try to experience the online learning environment using Desire 2 Learn (D2L).
- Log into: https://mnsite.ims.mnscu.edu/
- Username: Chocolate
- Password: Chocolate
Once you log in you can begin either a "Chocolate! A D2L Mini-Course" or "How do I Learn?" demo course. Both courses are listed under "My Courses" (near the bottom of the screen).