Student Technology Resources
Mesabi Range Student Email
NEW Mesabi Range College student email - Microsoft Office 365! Office 365 — includes email, skydrive, instant messaging, group video, and voice chat, and online document viewing and editing. Easy steps to start using your new campus email:
Step 1: Activate your StarID by clicking the button below and following the instructions (please remember your StarID and password as you will use it for your campus email and eServices). Follow the link for a step-by-step guide to activating your StarID: Activation Guide
Step 2: Wait five minutes for your StarID to process and then select the button below to login to your Microsoft Office 365 email.
Step 3: Use your new StarID to access your new O365 Email -
username: email@example.com (For example - firstname.lastname@example.org) to login
password: starid password
**When giving out your email address it will be:
firstname.lastname and the last three digits of your tech ID, (John.Doe999@my.mesabirange.edu)**
Need access to your old student email? Follow the link: Gmail Account Your old email will be available until the end of fall term.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1.What is Microsoft O365?
O365 gives you access to your new campus email, file storage and Microsoft 2013 Cloud applications. Watch the videos to learn more: Microsoft 0365 Videos
Q2. How do I change my email address: If you have an update for your address, phone number, etc. you should update this information through e-Services.
To change your information, please follow the steps below:
- Log into e-services
- Click "Account Management"
- Click on "Address Info"
- Select "View" or "Edit" for an address type from the list
Q3. Can I import my contacts from my previous account? Yes. Go to: Microsoft Office 365 Guide. The website offers a guide to importing your contacts into your new O365 email account.
Q4. I forgot my StarID and/or password? The college won't be able to look up this information or reset your password. Go to: Forgot StarID and/or password and you will be able to retrieve the information.
(Campus Email: All official college communication will be through Mesabi Range email.)
D2L (Online Course Information) Resources:
Information regarding online courses:
- Online course information and frequently asked questions
- Student Overview to D2L Version 10.1 Changes http://mnscuims.mnscu.edu/D2LV.10.1OverviewVideosforStudents.html#Overview Videos
- Contact our tech support for specific questions! email@example.com
- Utilize google or visit other online resources: http://www.uwosh.edu/d2lfaq, http://help.d2l.arizona.edu/students/home
How to login to your online course:
- Go to https://mr.ims.mnscu.edu/
- Username: Your 8 digit student (Tech) ID including the leading zeros
- Password: Your birthdate in the following format (yymmdd). An example would be if your birthday is May 06, 1980 you would enter 800506 as your password.
- If you are unable to log in or need help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-780-4829!
- If you have forgotten your password, go to https://mr.ims.mnscu.edu/ and select "forgot password" on the left side of the page.
- If you do not have Microsoft Office on your computer, you can download a viewer to view Office documents. Microsoft Office Viewers
- PowerPoint 2010 Viewer
Online Portfolio Tool http://www.mesabi.efolio.project.mnscu.edu/
Campus ID's: Please stop in and visit the Virginia Campus Library to have pick up your campus ID.
Online software training, support and integration resources to simplify technology use campus-wide.We have Atomic Learning tutorials available for you to view - http://www.atomiclearning.com/highed. Call for a username and password today at 218-780-4829!
Common Downloadable Plug-ins:
- Adobe Reader - This allows you to read pdf (portable document format) files.
Adobe Flash Player
Quicktime - This is one of the more popular multimedia players available on the Internet.
- Windows Media Player
- Microsoft Office Viewers
- Visual Studio: http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9873185-56.html
- OpenOffice: Freeware http://www.openoffice.org/
- Visit Dell Today: www.DELL.COM/MESABI.
Plagiarism Tutorials for Students:
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) File Sharing or Downloading or sharing copyrighted material! Find out more!
What is file sharing?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing
Spyware Removal Tools
You can download free Spyware Removal Tools for personal use from the following website's:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ Download Ad-Aware Free
http://www.safer-networking.org/ Download SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.5.2
Please note the above links take you to third-party software vendors not associated with Mesabi Range Community and Technical College. The software is not supported by the MRCTC IT staff, please install at your own discretion.
Technology Fee Advisory Committee
The Technology Fee Advisory Committee meets monthly to discuss, steer and plan for technology improvements and changes on the Eveleth and Virginia campuses. Interested in joining? Please contact Shelly at 218-748-2416 or email@example.com
Old Campus Email 2012 - Gmail
How to login to your student email: