Student Technology Resources
Mesabi Range Student Email (Campus Email: All official college communication will be through Mesabi Range email.) Click here to "Check your Mesabi Range email"!
- User name: firstname.lastname followed by the last 3 digits of your tech id. (Example: John Smith, Tech ID 01010101 user name would be john.smith101)
- Password: Your birthdate in the following format: YYYYMMDD (call 218-780-3443 or 218-780-4829 if you have problems).
- How to forward your campus gmail to a different email client (yahoo, hotmail, etc.) http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=10957
- What is my student email address: firstname.lastname(last three digits of your techid)@students.mr.mnscu.edu (email@example.com)
D2L (Online Course Information) Resources:
- Online course information and frequently asked questions
- Student Overview to D2L Version 10.1 Changes http://mnscuims.mnscu.edu/D2LV.10.1OverviewVideosforStudents.html#Overview Videos
- Contact our tech support for specific questions! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utilize google or visit other online resources: http://www.uwosh.edu/d2lfaq, http://help.d2l.arizona.edu/students/home
- Go to https://mr.ims.mnscu.edu/
- Username: Your 8 digit student (Tech) ID including the leading zeros
Password: Your birthdate in the following format (yymmdd). An example would be if your birthday is May 06, 1980 you would enter 800506 as your password.
- If you are unable to log in or need help, please contact email@example.com or 218-780-4829!
- If you have forgotten your password, go to https://mr.ims.mnscu.edu/ and select "forgot password" on the left side of the page.
- If you do not have Microsoft Office on your computer, you can download a viewer to view Office documents. Microsoft Office Viewers
- PowerPoint 2010 Viewer
E-Student Services: Register for courses, view financial aid info and more!
efolio: Online Portfolio Tool http://www.mesabi.efolio.project.mnscu.edu/
Campus ID's: Please stop in and visit the Virginia Campus Library to have pick up your campus ID.
Online software training, support and integration resources to simplify technology use campus-wide.We have Atomic Learning tutorials available for you to view! http://www.atomiclearning.com/highed Call for a username and password today! 218-780-4829!
Common Downloadable Plug-ins:
- Adobe Reader - This allows you to read pdf (portable document format) files.
Adobe Flash Player
Quicktime - This is one of the more popular multimedia players available on the Internet.
- Windows Media Player
- Microsoft Office Viewers
- Visual Studio: http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9873185-56.html
- OpenOffice: Freeware http://www.openoffice.org/
Microsoft Office 2010:
- Microsoft Ultimate Steal Promotion is back...
- Students can purchase Office 2010 for 99.95.
- Windows 7 Deal
- Minitab: http://www.minitab.com/
- Visit Dell Today: www.DELL.COM/MESABI.
Plagiarism Tutorials for Students:
What You Need to Know about Peer-to-Peer (P2P) File Sharing or Downloading or sharing copyrighted material! Find out more!
What is file sharing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing
Spyware Removal Tools:
You can download free Spyware Removal Tools for personal use from the following website's:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ Download Ad-Aware Free
http://www.safer-networking.org/ Download SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.5.2
Please note the above links take you to third-party software vendors not associated with Mesabi Range Community and Technical College. The software is not supported by the MRCTC IT staff, please install at your own discretion.
Technology Fee Advisory Committee:
The Technology Fee Advisory Committee meets monthly to discuss, steer and plan for technology improvements and changes on the Eveleth and Virginia campuses. Interested in joining? Please contact Shelly at 218-748-2416 or firstname.lastname@example.org