TurningPoint is a standardized student response system developed by Turning Technologies, Inc. This polling system enables instructors to actively engage and encourage student participation in the learning process. Students submit responses using clickers to interactive questions through TurningPoint. TurningPoint 2008 is being upgraded to TurningPoint 5.
TurningPoint 5 Key Features:
- Dashboard Interface
- Poll in ANY Environment and Application
- PowerPoint for Mac 2011 Integration
- One download for PC or Mac
- Robust HTML Content Editor
- Create Content Once
- Participant List Editor
- Session Data Manager
- Reporting Engine
- "On-Demand" Integrations
Beginning in the Fall 2014 semester, TurningPoint 2008 will no longer be available on MRC’s campus computers. Only TurningPoint 5 will be available on MRC's campus computers.
What this means for you:
- Any presentations that were created in TurningPoint 2008 will be automatically upgraded when opened in TurningPoint 5. These files will no longer be able to be reopened in TurningPoint 2008. It is advised that you make a backup copy of all of your TurningPoint 2008 presentations to ensure that your material is still accessible.
- The new version of TurningPoint 5 has a new user interface that is different from TurningPoint 2008. Video walk-throughs can be found here.
- The Mac and PC versions of TurningPoint are mostly identical but have subtle differences which you may notice when creating your presentations. However, presentations created on the Mac version of TurningPoint 5 can be run on the PC version of TurningPoint 5 and vice-versa.
What you should do to prepare for the changeover from TurningPoint 2008 to TurningPoint 5:
- Save all of your TurningPoint 2008 materials (presentations, session files, participant lists) to a backup folder.
- On your "home" or "home office" computer (PC or MAC), we recommend that you download and install the latest version of TurningPoint 5 from the Turning Technologies download page.
- Review the TurningPoint 5 training videos. These will provide you with a good understanding of what has changed in the software.
- If you have questions or issues with any part of the changeover process, contact the HelpDesk.
The IT Department is committed to making this transition as seamless as possible for all MRC TurningPoint users. If you have any questions please contact the IT Department: Technology Help.