STEP ONE - APPLICATION
- Apply Online
- Submit your final high school transcript (must be official and include a graduation date) or an official copy of your GED (If you have a Bachelor's or Master's degree, you do not have to submit a high school transcript).
- If you have college credits from a college outside of the Minnesota State system we will need an official copy of your college transcript.
- Complete the Immunization Form - You are exempt from completing the immunization form if you were born before 1957 or graduated from a Minnesota high school after 1997 or are only taking one class.
STEP TWO - COMPLETE THE PLACEMENT TEST / REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- You will take the placement test and register for classes the same day at one of our comprehensive registration sessions. The placement test can also be taken at any other Minnesota State college or university. Placement Test / Registration Schedule
STEP THREE - PAYING FOR COLLEGE
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Mesabi Range College's code number is 004009. https://studentaid.gov/
- The Mesabi Range College Scholarships applications forms are available in early March and need to be completed by April 1st. Click here for more information.
- If you are not receiving financial aid (or getting enough aid to pay tuition), your tuition and fees must be paid by the first day of class unless you have set up a payment plan through NBS/NeInet.
STEP FOUR - BUY BOOKS
- Once you have registered for classes, bring your class schedule to the bookstore. The staff will let you know what books you will need. You can also check online. Always look for used books to save money.
STEP FIVE - ORIENTATION
- Orientation is held on the Friday before Fall Semester begins. You will receive a postcard to remind you of the Orientation session. Come and enjoy the first day of fall semester.
Mesabi Range College has on-campus housing at Alpine Village. Alpine Village consists of three apartment style residence halls with eight student apartments in each. Each of our semi-furnished apartments have four bedrooms, two bathrooms, laundry room, kitchen, and living room. Your bedroom includes a bed, desk, and chair. Your kitchen includes a full-size refrigerator, microwave, stove, and dishwasher. Your living room is furnished with a couch, tv stand, coffee table, and end table. Find out more here.
- Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to college-level courses or a desired major/program. Some of the courses and programs may have prerequisites. Please refer to the program of interest website or program guides for more information.
- Background checks. Some programs require students to run a background check before they start taking classes. Please refer to the program of interest website or program guides for more information.
- Minnesota Statute 135A. 157. If you have been arrested, charged or convicted of any criminal offense, you should investigate the impact that the arrest, charge or conviction may have on your chances of employment in the field you intend to study or on your chances to obtain federal, state, and other higher education financial aid.
- Students must complete the Release of Information Form in order to give Mesabi Range College personnel permission to release information about you including grades, attendance, financial aid, class schedule, tuition payments and balances to parents, guardians or anyone you authorize. The form can be sent to the Student Services Office. See your advisor for details.