Welcome to the Alpine Village at Mesabi Range College!
Alpine Village consists of three apartment style residence halls with eight student apartments in each. Each of our semi-furnished apartments have four bedrooms, two bathrooms, laundry room, kitchen, and living room. Three of the bedrooms are single (one student per bedroom) and 1 of the bedrooms are double (2 students per bedroom). Your bedroom includes a bed, desk, and chair. Your kitchen includes a full-size refrigerator, microwave, stove, and dishwasher. Your living room is furnished with a couch, TV stand, coffee table, and end table. Floor Plan
Alpine Village is conveniently located within walking distance to every class on the Virginia campus. It is situated in the heart of Virginia, Minnesota with grocery stores, banks, clinic, shopping, and dinning all within one mile from your front door.
To learn more about the area, please visit https://ironrange.org/
2022 – 2023 Semester Rates
Single - $2350 per semester plus $96*
Double - $1850 per semester plus $96*
*$96.00 covers wireless internet access and in-unit washer/dryer access.
A $375 housing application fee is required to reserve a room
Reserve Your Room
- Complete the Housing application online through your eServices account
- Log in with your Star ID and password (if you don’t remember your Star ID or password, you can recover it at https://starid.minnstate.edu/)
- Select the Housing & Dining tab in the menu on the left
- Once you log into the application, click on the Mesabi Range College logo to get started
- Pay your $375 Housing Application fee online through your eServices account
- Wait until the next business day after the completion of your housing application
- Log in to your eServices account
- Select Bills & Payments in the menu on the left
- Click on Make a Payment
- Choose Payment Toward Specific Charges
- Click the box next to the $375 Housing application fee and then continue
- Choose Pay by Credit/Debit Card and then Pay Now
- You will be directed to the USBank site to enter your card information
Both of the following steps are mandatory to reserve your place in housing:
Contact Carrie Hejda at 218-749-0313 with questions.
Move In & Breaks
Move in for fall semester is August 20th – 21st.
Move in for spring semester is January 7th - 8th.
On campus housing is closed during winter break December 19th to January 6th.
In-unit washer/ dryer
Sand volleyball court
Frisbee golf course