The StarID Self Service allows individuals to activate their StarID and change their password. You can also request a forgot password, expired password and a forgot StarID.
Faculty/Staff: Enter your username: YourStarID@minnstate.edu
(enter YOUR StarID. Example: email@example.com)
Students: Enter your username: YourStarID@go.minnstate.edu
(enter YOUR StarID. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Enter your password: Enter your StarID password.
Forgot StarID? Forgot StarID Password? Go here: https://starid.minnstate.edu/
Click here for instructions on how to change your primary e-mail address that you send from.
1. How do I log in to my new email? Your email address will remain the same, only logging into your email will change (note the highlighted address to use).
- Employees: your StarID@minnstate.edu, with your StarID password
- Students: your StarID@go.minnstate.edu, with your StarID password
2. What is my email address? Has it changed or is it the same?
- Employees: email@example.com Current employees will remain the same, new employees will be: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you had an MRC email address before January 1, 2017, your email address will not change. All future employee email addresses will follow the email@example.com format. All future student email addresses will follow the firstname.lastname@example.org format.
Mobile Device Setup:
Office 2016 Setup:
Install Office 2016 on your PC or Mac 305.70 KB
Change your username in Outlook 507.89 KB
Change your username in Skype 572.08 KB
Change your username in OneDrive 536.41 KB
Change your Outlook Address List 257.06 KB
Sharing your Calendar in Outlook 2016 321.22 KB
Sharing your Calendar in O365 551.69 KB
Setup OneDrive on your Computer 507.36 KB
Web Conferencing - Zoom
Office Training Center
See what's new: Office 2016
Learn by scenario
Office 365 scenario-based training provides inspirational tutorials to show you how you and your team can transform the way you work. We’ll show you how to save your files to the cloud, so you can access them from anywhere, on almost any device. We’ll also demonstrate how you can use Office 365 to work together as a team to share files and co-edit documents stored in the cloud.
Get it done from anywhere
- Anywhere access and file sharing with OneDrive for Business
- Collaborate with team content using SharePoint Online
Run more effective meetings
Email and calendar on the go
Bring Your Team Together
D2L (Online Course Information) Resources:
- Online course information and frequently asked questions
- Announcements: D2L Brightspace Terminology Changes Effective August 6, 2016 --D2L Brightspace has changed the terminology for some of its tools and features.
- FAQ for Students (includes screenshots)
- Additional FAQ: https://documentation.brightspace.com/EN/le/-/all/le_intro.htm
- Internet Explorer 11 and STAR ID Site Issue - Please be aware that the Change Password link on the STAR ID site https://starid.minnstate.edu is not compatible with IE 11. The link will act like you have changed your password, but in fact, it will not have been changed. Please use either an alternative browser such as Firefox, or use the "Forgot Password" link.
How to login to your online course:
- Go to: https://mr.learn.minnstate.edu/
- Login: use your StarID user name and password (Activate using the information above and then use your StarID and password for your campus email, eservices and more!
- If you are unable to log in or need help, please contact email@example.com or 218-780-4829!
Q1. I forgot my StarID and/or password?
Go to: Forgot StarID and/or password and you will be able to retrieve the information.
Q2. I need help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Common Downloadable Plug-ins:
- Adobe Reader - This allows you to read pdf (portable document format) files.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Windows Media Player
- VLC media player
- OpenOffice: Freeware http://www.openoffice.org/
- Visit Dell Today: www.DELL.COM/MESABI.
ATT Discounts: Mention discount code: FAN3622874 CLICK HERE
Spyware Removal Tools
You can download free Spyware Removal Tools for personal use from the following website's:
https://www.adaware.com/antivirus Download Ad-Aware Free
https://www.safer-networking.org/products/spybot-free-edition/ Download SpyBot Search and Destroy
Please note the above links take you to third-party software vendors not associated with Mesabi Range College. The software is not supported by the MRC IT staff, please install at your own discretion.